Shura(修羅 Shura) is a bonus character in Soulcalibur IV designed by guest artist Hiroya Oku.
Her weapons, named Raijin-Maru & Fujin-Maru, are twin katanas. She also has two wakizashi swords, though she does not use them. Like all of the bonus characters, Shura's moveset is recycled from one of the main character's; she uses the same moveset as Cervantes.
What lies within her soul is Hate.
The woman was simply a killer, one who had never tasted satisfaction. She eventually began to destroy evil spirits to keep things challenging. She slayed many demons, until one day she became possessed by one. But even then, she did not stop killing. She continued her aggressive way of life, until the world was calling her "Shura", meaning "Bloodshed". The spirit that had possessed her was in search of a powerful body so that it could return from the dead. As for the woman, she simply wanted someone worth killing. Together, they transformed from two strong warriors to a single, even stronger warrior.
The spirit still searches for a perfect body, with the woman still looking for someone strong enough to satisfy her.
Soulcalibur IV endingEdit
Shura defeats Algol, though she and the spirit are disappointed at how weak he is. After destroying Soul Edge and Soul Calibur, they realize that they are surrounded by monsters that were summoned by Soul Edge. They both become excited about the opportunity of finding someone stronger. The text-only epilogue states this: She left footprints in numerous cities, but none know her end.
- Unlike the guest characters in both Soulcalibur IV and previous games, Shura seems to be considered an official part of Soul Calibur's story. She was included in an official relationship chart released alongside Soul Calibur Broken Destiny, in spite of her absence from that game, unlike the actual guest characters.
- When Shura was introduced in Soul Calibur IV, she became a surprisingly popular character along Hilde and Algol.
- Even though she does not carry a firearm, she can still perform all of Cervantes "shooting" moves.
- Shura can be unlocked with her "template"; she is encountered in Cervantes' Story Mode. This trait is shared with Ashlotte, who can be unlocked using Astaroth.
- Shura can be read as 修羅(しゅら) which means carnage.
- In Soul Blade, Cervantes could use twin Katanas in Edge Master Mode.
- Fans wanted Shura to be a playable character in Soulcalibur V, with her own moveset. However, she was the first character to be confirmed to not return in Soul Calibur V in the Twiter of Daishi Odashima, replying a question from a fan.