Baby Bop is a green triceratop, and one of Barney's best friends. She is also B.J.'s little sister, and B.J. frequently calls her "Sissy". She was first introduced in Barney in Concert (1991) and has been on the show since then. Her name was given by the Backyard Gang in Barney in Concert. She carries a yellow security blanket, and sings the song "My Yellow Blankey" to show how much it means to her.
BJ is a 7-year-old yellow Protoceratops and he has been on the show since Season 2 (1993). He is the older brother of Baby Bop, whom he frequently calls "Sissy", though on rare occasions, he does call her by name. His theme song is "BJ's Song". He wears a red baseball cap on his head and red sneakers on his feet (as heard in the lyrics of his theme song).
Appearance and DesignEdit
Baby Bop's appearance has gone through several changes over the years. When she first appeared in Barney in Concert, she was taller than the kids and about the same height as Barney. She also used to speak in third-person, rather than first-person. In Season 2, Baby Bop got shorter to better suit her age of two (later three) years old. In Season 3, Baby Bop was redesigned a bit, and her mouth is now moveable. Her design has remained this way since then.
In his early appearances on the show, B.J. was slightly taller than Barney and had a much deeper voice. He was redesigned in Season 3; his height was shrunken to better suit his age of seven years old. The writers added B.J. because they wanted a sibling relationship to work with (Barney and Baby Bop are just friends).
- Her name is based off of the words "Boppity-bop" from Mr. Knickerbocker.
- B.J. calls her sissy, a nickname for a sister.
- Riff also calls her "Baby Boppity Bop".
- B.J. was named after Sheryl Leach's father, B.J. Stamps.
- He has suffered from tummy-aches at least twice in the series, the first time being in Circle of Friends and the second time being in BJ's Snack Attack.
- B.J.'s first apperance was in Season 2's Look at Me, I'm 3!